Contact Us Now - Serving Ventura County 805-480-9955 - Los Angeles County 818-897-5772 - San Diego County 760-471-9208

Barstools Buying Guide

Bar stools are the most versatile and functional type of seating available today offering a with a wide range of styles, sizes, materials, fabrics and options to suit every home decor.

Bar stools are a perfect fit in most any room of your home. A popular choice is to add bar stools in the kitchen at the counter top, island, or breakfast bar. Other great choices are in the family room at the bar where you spend time with friends and family, in the home theater room snack bar, outside by the pool, or on your patio deck next to the barbeque.

With so many bar stools choices this allows you to customize and personalize your home decor. Here are just a few choices and options you'll find at Barstools2U.com:

• Wood bar stools
  • Metal (Steel, brushed steel, chrome, iron) bar stools
  • Leather, Suede, Vinyl, Micro-fiber, Stain-Resistant Fabrics or non-upholstered
  • Back or Back-less bar stools
  • Arm or arm-less bar stools
  • Adjustable, swivel, tilt or fixed bar stools
  • 18-, 22-, 24-, 26-, 30- or Extra Tall 34- and 36-inch bar stool heights
  • Contemporary, antique, retro, modern, traditional, transitional, rustic and unique designs and styles
  • And More! - So Many Bar Stool Choices!

With so many choices selecting the perfect bar stools can be challenging. Below are some common questions along with some helpful tips to make your bar stool buying experience easier.

What size bar stool do I need?

To ensure that you find just the right bar stools begin by measuring the height of your counter, bar, or table. A good size bar stools should have about 10 to 12 inches for comfortable seating. From there you can determine if a bar stool is going to be an appropriate fit, and if so, which size you would need.

The standard rule is to allow between 10 to 12 inches between the bar stool seat and the bottom of the counter or bar. This will ensure that your bar stool fits under the counter, bar or table and leaves you with plenty of leg room.

When choosing bar stools with arms, make sure the arms fit under your counter, bar or table.

Your body height also is a factor in choosing the height of a bar stool . You want a bar stool that puts you at a comfortable level with the counter, bar or table while providing plenty of legroom. The key to finding the right bar stool is to focus on what makes you comfortable.

Be sure to leave extra room if you choose a bar stool that swivels for easy entry and exit from the bar stool.

• A bar stool is commonly 29-31 inches from the floor to the seat (seat height). Pair this bar stool with a 41-43 inch table height.
  • A counter stool is commonly 24-26 inches from the floor to the seat (seat height). Pair this counter stool with a 35-37 inch table height.
  • A chair is commonly 17-19 inches from the floor to the seat (seat height). Pair this chair with a 29-31 inch table height.

How many bar stools do I need?

A standard rule is to allow 2 to 3 inches between the centers of each bar stool seat. You will want to have plenty of room between each bar stool to allow for easy entry and exit when sitting in the stool.

Where will I use my bar stools?

The answer to this question will determine the material, finish and upholstery of your bar stool. We have a huge selection of styles ranging from contemporary to traditional. There is also a selection of bar stool and tables for use outdoors.

Do I need matching dining chairs or a coordinating table?

Depending on your needs, we can help by providing you with a large selection of matching dining chairs and coordinating tables.

Will I have food and beverage around my bar stools?

If you anticipate having food or beverage near your bar stools you may want to go with a bar stool with a very durable, easy-to-clean fabric such as leather, vinyl or micro-fiber.

Follow Us
Contact Us
Newbury Park Showroom
1714 Newbury Road Suite N (Upper Level)
Newbury Park, CA 91320

Phone: 805-480-9955
E-mail: Newburypark@billiardsandbarstools.com
Open Hours: 10AM to 6PM Monday-Saturday
11AM to 5PM Sunday

San Marcos Showroom
330 Rancheros Drive Suite #120
San Marcos, CA 92069